Pork Loin with Potatoes Recipe
Phyl Broich-Wessling of Garner, Iowa writes, "I love to cook and have friends and family for dinner. Onions, garlic, potatoes and herbs from my garden go into this tasty oven meal."
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ONION MUSHROOM GRAVY:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1-1/4 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut slits in top of roast; insert garlic slices. Combine the oil, paprika, pepper and thyme; rub over roast. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; seal and refrigerate the roast overnight.
- Transfer roast to a shallow roasting pan. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 hours. Meanwhile, place potatoes and salt in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until almost tender. Drain; cool slightly. Cut potatoes into quarters; arrange around roast.
- Bake 45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and potatoes are tender, basting potatoes with drippings occasionally. Remove potatoes; keep warm. Cover roast and let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
- For gravy, pour drippings and loosened browned bits into a measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Add water and broth to reserved drippings; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onions and mushrooms in butter and oil until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley and pepper. Serve with roast and potatoes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Pork Loin with Potatoes in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p6
Reviews for Pork Loin with Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >