Pork Loin with Peppers
A sweet and zesty sauce perfectly flavors pork and peppers in this mouthwatering main course. The aroma while baking is unbeatable.—Jean L. Ecos, Hartland, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4-1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 3-inch strips
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 3-inch strips
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups dry red wine, cranberry juice or grape juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, brown sugar, horseradish and
- dill; spread over roast. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Arrange peppers and mushrooms around roast. Combine wine or juice and
- lemon juice; pour over vegetables. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a
- meat thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender.
- Remove vegetables and keep warm. Broil roast 4-6 in. from the heat
- for 5-7 minutes or until a crust forms. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before slicing. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 268 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium,