Pork Loin with Peppers Recipe
A sweet and zesty sauce perfectly flavors pork and peppers in this mouthwatering main course. The aroma while baking is unbeatable.Jean L. Ecos, Hartland, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4-1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 3-inch strips
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 3-inch strips
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups dry red wine, cranberry juice or grape juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, brown sugar, horseradish and dill; spread over roast. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Arrange peppers and mushrooms around roast. Combine wine or juice and lemon juice; pour over vegetables. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender.
- Remove vegetables and keep warm. Broil roast 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until a crust forms. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pork Loin with Peppers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p38
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Loin with Peppers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >