Pork Loin with Currant Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup sherry or apple juice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 2/3 cup currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon sherry or apple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Pour 1-1/4 cups marinade into a 2-gal. resealable plastic bag; add the pork roast. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting every 30 minutes with reserved marinade. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Serve with the pork. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (4 ounces cooked pork with 1 tablespoon sauce) equals 298 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.