- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 pitted dried plums
- 12 dried apricots
- 1 thin lemon slice
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika; rub over the roast. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Arrange vegetables and fruit around roast. Combine broth, butter and cinnamon; pour over vegetable mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 1-1/2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting often. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Pork Loin Supper in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p24
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Loin Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review