- 1 large parsnip, peeled and grated
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place the parsnip, onions and celery in a greased shallow roasting pan. Pour water and wine over vegetables. Place roast fat side up over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 hours to 2-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Transfer to a warm serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Place pan drippings and vegetables in a blender. Cover and process until blended. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sour cream, salt and pepper. Serve with pork. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Pork Loin Roast with Sour Cream Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p60
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pork Loin Roast with Sour Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >