Pork Lo Mein
My husband teases me about using him as the guinea pig in the kitchen. But he's always an eager participant whenever I present attractive, tasty meals like this at dinnertime.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 packages (3 ounce each) Oriental or Chicken-flavored Ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 cups shredded romaine
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork, carrots,
- onion and garlic over medium heat until pork is no longer pink;
- Break noodles into skillet, stir in seasoning packets. Stir in water
- and peas. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for about 6-8
- minutes or until noodles and vegetables are tender, stirring several
- times. Add romaine; heat and stir until wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 398 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein.