Pork in Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Hot cooked noodles
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add the mustard, onion and tarragon; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- 2. Place noodles on a serving platter. Arrange pork over noodles; keep warm. Add sour cream and browning sauce if desired to the skillet; heat through (do not boil). Serve with pork and noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 456 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 46 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.