Chock-full of colorful vegetables and tender pork, this creamy casserole comes from our Test Kitchen staff.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a saucepan, combine flour, bouillon, salt, water and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, pork vegetables and mushrooms. Add the sour cream mixture; stir to coat well.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Toss cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Hash Brown Bake in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p63
Reviews for Pork Hash Brown Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review