Pork Green Chili Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cans (11 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. In a large Dutch oven, brown pork in batches in oil over medium-high heat. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Yield: 8 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
1-1/4 cup: 333 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1017mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Pork Green Chili Stew
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.