Green chilies add a little spice to this flavorful pork stew that also features corn, potatoes and tomatoes.
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cans (11 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large Dutch oven, brown pork in batches in oil over medium-high heat. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Yield: 8 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Pueblo Green Chili Stew in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p126
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork Green Chili Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review