Pork Grapefruit Stir-Fry Recipe
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup thawed grapefruit juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 3 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, grapefruit juice concentrate, water, soy sauce, honey and ginger; set aside. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry zucchini and red pepper in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Add half of the pork; stir-fry for 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add sauce to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return pork and vegetables to pan; stir until coated. Gently stir in grapefruit. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 320 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 7g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 2 fruit.
Reviews for Pork Grapefruit Stir-Fry
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.