Pork Garden Bean Soup Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 bone-in pork loin chop (about 1/2 pound)
- 3/4 cup cut fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. Place water and pork chop in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, just until pork is tender. Remove from water. Cool; cut into cubes.
- 2. Add the beans, potatoes, carrot, salt and pepper to cooking liquid. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return pork to pan; stir in cream and heat through (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 290 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 664mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Pork Garden Bean Soup
"add a teaspoon of fresh parsley and savory and onion very good"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.