Pork Garden Bean Soup
This creamy soup is a great way to start a meal.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 bone-in pork loin chop (about 1/2 pound)
- 3/4 cup cut fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- Place water and pork chop in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, just until pork is tender. Remove
- from water. Cool; cut into cubes.
- Add the beans, potatoes, carrot, salt and pepper to cooking liquid.
- Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes or
- until vegetables are tender. Return pork to pan; stir in cream and
- heat through (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 290 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 664 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.