- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 bone-in pork loin chop (about 1/2 pound)
- 3/4 cup cut fresh green beans
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- Place water and pork chop in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, just until pork is tender. Remove from water. Cool; cut into cubes.
- Add the beans, potatoes, carrot, salt and pepper to cooking liquid. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return pork to pan; stir in cream and heat through (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Garden Bean Soup in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p97
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Garden Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2012
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2009
add a teaspoon of fresh parsley and savory and onion very good