Pork Fried Rice
"My husband anxiously awaits the nights we have pork because he knows I'll use the leftovers in this recipe," explains Norma Reynolds of Overland Park, Kansas. "Add a few fortune cookies to make the meal special."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 4 to 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute the vegetables in 1 tablespoon of oil until
- crisp-tender; remove and keep warm. Heat remaining oil over medium
- heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until completely set. Add the pork,
- rice, soy sauce, salt, pepper and vegetables; cook and stir until
- heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 306 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 178 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.