Pork Fried Rice Recipe
"My husband anxiously awaits the nights we have pork because he knows I'll use the leftovers in this recipe," explains Norma Reynolds of Overland Park, Kansas. "Add a few fortune cookies to make the meal special."
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 4 to 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the vegetables in 1 tablespoon of oil until crisp-tender; remove and keep warm. Heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until completely set. Add the pork, rice, soy sauce, salt, pepper and vegetables; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 306 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 178 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC