Pork Fried Rice for Two Recipe
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 6 ounces boneless pork loin, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 celery rib with leaves, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Sprinkle five-spice powder over pork and toss to coat. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry pork for 3 minutes or until brown. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Stir-fry fennel seed in 3/4 teaspoon oil for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli, celery, carrot and onions; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Stir-fry rice in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir in soy sauce and pepper. Return pork and vegetables to the pan; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (1-3/4 cups) equals 367 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Fried Rice for Two
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer