Pork Fried Rice for Two Recipe
"My husband and I often make a meal of this appealing stir-fry," write Laura Kittleson of Casselberry, Florida. "It's nicely seasoned and chock-full of vegetables."
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 6 ounces boneless Pork Loin, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 celery rib with leaves, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle five-spice powder over pork and toss to coat. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry pork for 3 minutes or until brown. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry fennel seed in 3/4 teaspoon oil for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli, celery, carrot and onions; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry rice in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir in soy sauce and pepper. Return pork and vegetables to the pan; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Fried Rice for Two in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Fried Rice for Two(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2011
This is delicious and very easy but when I make it I get much more than two servings. I use pork tenderloin rather than pork loin.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Side Dishes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >