"My husband anxiously awaits the nights we have pork because he knows I'll use the leftovers in this recipe," explains Norma Reynolds of Overland Park, Kansas. "Add a few fortune cookies to make the meal special."
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 4 to 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute the vegetables in 1 tablespoon of oil until crisp-tender; remove and keep warm. Heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until completely set. Add the pork, rice, soy sauce, salt, pepper and vegetables; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Pork Fried Rice in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p62
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Fried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review