Pork Fajitas Recipe
My family likes to take a break from traditional beef dishes by substituting pork. Since we are big fans of Mexican food, these fajitas are a much-requested menu item.
- 1 pound boneless pork
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, salsa and/or sour cream, optional
- 1. Cut pork into 4-in. x 1/2-in. x 1/4-in. strips; set aside. In a bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine orange juice, vinegar, garlic, oregano, cumin, seasoned salt and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Add pork; cover or close bag and chill for 1-2 hours.
- 2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook pork with marinade, onion and green pepper in oil until pork is not longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 3. Place about 3/4 cup filling down the center of each tortilla; top with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and sour cream if desired. Fold in sides of tortillas and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pork Fajitas
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC