- 1 pound boneless pork
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, salsa and/or sour cream, optional
- Cut pork into 4-in. x 1/2-in. x 1/4-in. strips; set aside. In a bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine orange juice, vinegar, garlic, oregano, cumin, seasoned salt and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Add pork; cover or close bag and chill for 1-2 hours.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook pork with marinade, onion and green pepper in oil until pork is not longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Place about 3/4 cup filling down the center of each tortilla; top with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and sour cream if desired. Fold in sides of tortillas and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork Fajitas
"We used humanely raised pork for this one and my husband said these were the best fajitas he had ever eaten (and he comes from a family that used to raise beef!) He liked his with a just a tiny stripe of Ranch salad dressing down the middle in lieu of the salsa and sour cream."