Pork Fajita Pasta
One night, Janice Thompson and her husband started making fajitas before they realized they didn't have any tortillas. "We improvised and served the pork mixture over noodles instead," she relates from Lansing, Michigan. "It's become a family favorite."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each), cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 envelope (1.4 ounces) fajita seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook pork over medium heat until juices run clear. Add
- green pepper and onion; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in fajita seasoning and water; cook 1 minute longer. Drain
- pasta. In a large bowl, layer the pasta, pork mixture, cheese and
- tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 381 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,094 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon