Pork Cutlets with Capers Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cut pork into eight slices; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add broth and wine to the pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Stir in capers. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until juices are slightly thickened. Stir in parsley. Drizzle over pork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 205 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Cutlets with Capers
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.