Pork Cutlet Saute Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or additional beef broth
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine 1 tablespoon flour, sage and pepper. Coat pork chops with flour mixture. In a skillet, cook chops in oil and butter over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms for 2 minutes. Place remaining flour in a small bowl. Whisk in broth and sherry or additional broth until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Return pork to the pan; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 342 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 503 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.