Pork Cutlet Saute Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or additional beef broth
- In a shallow bowl, combine 1 tablespoon flour, sage and pepper. Coat pork chops with flour mixture. In a skillet, cook chops in oil and butter over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms for 2 minutes. Place remaining flour in a small bowl. Whisk in broth and sherry or additional broth until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Return pork to the pan; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Cutlet Saute(5)
Sort By :
We really like this recipe, and gave it 4.5 stars, because there was just something missing in the flavor. Going to try tweaking it a bit - just haven't come up with what spices to try adding. I did add some salt as well. Any suggestions?
The pork cutlets turned out great! I didn't have very good luck with the gravy but will try to make gravy again.
A pleasant change from grilled pork chops. The chops were nice and moist and the sauce was plentiful.
This was wonderful! My husband and 5 year old son loved the pork chops! Instead of using mushrooms which aren't very popular around my house I used a yellow onion. I also doubled everything to yield more servings. I also used extra virgin olive oil to saute the pork. Overall it was great and tasted wonderful. It didn't take long at all to fix either.
Easy to fix and quick. I think I may try this with different spices on the meat.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >