Pork Cubes 'n' Stuffing Recipe
"This recipe is too good to keep to myself," says Heather Kirchkesner. The Yaurep Station, Pennsylvania cook created the savory specialty when she had pork and stuffing mix on hand. "My husband just raved about it," she adds.
- 1-1/2 pounds pork chop suey meat or boneless pork loin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2-1/4 cups crushed chicken stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Season pork with pepper. In a large skillet, saute pork in oil for 5-6 minutes or until browned; drain. Add water; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in stuffing mix.
- 2. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover for 1 minute or until cheese begins to melt. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 377 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 585 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC