- Place roast, bone tips up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Season
- with salt and pepper. make a ball of aluminum foil and press into
- cavity to maintain shape. Wrap bone tips with foil. Insert meat
- thermometer, make sure the tip does not touch bone. Roast at
- 325° until thermometer reaches 150°.
- To prepare stuffing, dissolve sugar and bouillon in 3/4 cup of hot
- water; pour over apricots. Let stand 5 minutes. In a large bowl,
- combine bread, apple, orange peel, salt, sage, cinnamon and pepper.
- Add softened apricots. Cook celery and onion in butter until tender;
- add to bread mix. Remove foil from roast center; pack stuffing
- lightly into roast.
- Combine the glaze ingredients; spoon over meat. Return roast to oven
- until thermometer registers 160° (total cooking time for roast
- will be about 2-1/2 to 3 hours). Transfer to warm platter; garnish
- with apricot halves and fresh sage. Slice between the ribs to serve.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 229 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer