Pork Chops with Zucchini Dressing Recipe
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 3 cups cubed bread, toasted
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and about 2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1. In a skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the zucchini, bread cubes, egg white, parsley and poultry seasoning. Stir in celery mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Arrange pork chops in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Dissolve bouillon in hot water; drizzle over chops. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes. Top with zucchini dressing. Cover and bake 20 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 328 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Zucchini Dressing
"I thought this was very good, the pork chops are very moist. I will be making again!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.