This hearty flavorful dish is great on cold winter nights. I love the sweetness of the apples, the heat of the curry and the bit of almond crunch.—Mary Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
Recommended: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium apples, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat 2 teaspoons butter over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops in batches. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in apples, tomatoes, sugar, curry powder, salt and chili powder. Bring to a boil, stirring to break up tomatoes.
- Return chops to pan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Turn chops; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with rice and, if desired, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Tomato Curry in Light Recipes 2015, px
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Tomato Curry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review