My husband and I collaborated on these pork chops with sun-dried tomatoes, bacon and rosemary. They’re easy enough for any day and fancy enough for special events. —Trisha Klempel, Sidney, Montana
Recommended: Our Best Bacon Recipes
- 4 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat broiler. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Add chops to drippings; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix bacon, tomatoes, brown sugar and rosemary.
- Spoon tomato mixture over chops. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until brown sugar is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Tomato-Bacon Topping in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Tomato-Bacon Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review