Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- Dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with sweet potato; drizzle with butter.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, salt, ginger, mace and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over sweet potato.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the pork reaches 160° and potato is tender. Remove pork and potato; keep warm. Pour pan juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with pork and sweet potato. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup sweet potato equals 356 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.