- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- Dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- In a small nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with sweet potato; drizzle with butter.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, salt, ginger, mace and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over sweet potato.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the pork reaches 160° and potato is tender. Remove pork and potato; keep warm. Pour pan juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with pork and sweet potato. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Sweet Potato
"We changed the recipe up for 8 servings. We also used boneless and skinless chicken breasts.It is so good. The chicken stayed moist and the the sauce is easy and so flavorful.We're going to be using the sauce for beef, chicken, pork and even fish.....it is that good."
"I to did not have mace and left it out of the recipe and I did not thicken the pan juice from the baked chops but they turned out great. Even my two year old had seconds."
"After reading the reviews, I jump-started the sweet potato in the microwave for 2 minutes. At the end of 35 minutes the potatos were perfect"
"We absolutely loved this dish. I didn't have mace, and it called for such a small amount, that I just left that out. I used fresh ginger instead of ground. Like a previous reviewer said, my potatoes weren't done after 30 minutes, so I let them go an additional 10. After a total of 40, they were done, but not mushy. This is definitely going into my monthly meal rotation."
"My sweet potatoes were still somewhat crunchy after baking."