- 6 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine bread cubes, soup, celery, onion, garlic, egg, poultry seasoning and pepper; spread over pork chops. Bake uncovered at 350° for 45-55 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Stuffing in Reminisce January/February 1995, p53
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2010
"Very good, very tasty, and very easy! My family's eyes always light up when I serve this dish."