This was my mother's original recipe, but through the years I've changed is slightly. Now my four daughters enjoy making this family favorite. Before we retired, we raised hogs on a farm in Pennsylvania. I cooked a pork dish at least once a week then, and I still do today.
Recommended: 40 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
- 6 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine bread cubes, soup, celery, onion, garlic, egg, poultry seasoning and pepper; spread over pork chops. Bake uncovered at 350° for 45-55 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Stuffing in Reminisce January/February 1995, p53
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review