Pork Chops with Sour Cream Sauce Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Combine the water, brown sugar, onion, ketchup, bouillon and garlic; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- 2. Remove chops and keep warm. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce equals 284 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.