- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Combine the water, brown sugar, onion, ketchup, bouillon and garlic; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Sour Cream Sauce
Sort By :
"Very good! We really liked the sauce"
"I ran out of sour cream so I turned the pan drippings into a gravy and they were delicious! I don't miss the sour cream at all!"
"I made this for dinner last night and it was WONDERFUL!!! The chops remained tender and the sauce was great over the chops and the rice side that I served. My only suggestion is to double the amount of the sauce, because it's sooo darn good, you won't want to run out!"
"I made this and served it over rice once and noodles another time. It's really simple and delicious. I cut the pork chops into cubes and cook it that way, so it's easier for the kids to eat. Thanks for the recipe Norma! It's a keeper."