Pork Chops with Sour Cream Sauce Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Combine the water, brown sugar, onion, ketchup, bouillon and garlic; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Sour Cream Sauce(2)
Sort By :
I made this for dinner last night and it was WONDERFUL!!! The chops remained tender and the sauce was great over the chops and the rice side that I served. My only suggestion is to double the amount of the sauce, because it's sooo darn good, you won't want to run out!
I made this and served it over rice once and noodles another time. It's really simple and delicious. I cut the pork chops into cubes and cook it that way, so it's easier for the kids to eat. Thanks for the recipe Norma! It's a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >