“This is one of my favorite recipes, " says Norma Bursick in Sioux City, Iowa. "It’s easy, fast and has a gourmet taste.” A creamy, full-flavored sauce pairs beautifully with the tender pork chops.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Combine the water, brown sugar, onion, ketchup, bouillon and garlic; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Sour Cream Sauce in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p29
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Sour Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review