- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves
- 6 bone-in pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Drain pears, reserving the juice; cut pears into slices and set aside. In a large skillet, brown the pork chops in butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and reserved pear juice. Pour over chops; top with pear slices.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Sliced Pears
"Dry as dry could be. Way too sweet and not enough flavor."
"I am an elderly care giver and the first time I made the recipe for a couple I used to care for. Not only did they love it I also made it for my family and they loved it as well. I have made this recipe several times and am not a big pork fan, however this makes me reconsider. I plan on making it for my brother's family while visiting in Maryland."
"By all means, yes, reduce the sauce."
"This recipe was so good I wouldn't be surprised if I got a proposal from my boyfriend tonight! I took one of the reviewers advice and reduced the remaining sauce with smashed pears and spoonful of brown sugar to a syrup. Poured that on top and AMAZING! Recipe was super easy-which I need more of in my life."
"Made these for dinner everyone loved them. Will definitely make again. Thanks for another great recipe!"