Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 6 pork rib or loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Additional salt and pepper, optional
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 4 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer with potatoes and onion. Pour broth mixture over layers. Place pork chops on top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until meat and potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes(15)
Sort By :
A great all-in-one meal. I added some extra seasoning to give it some more zip, but it's a really nice, simple, and hearty meal that my family enjoyed. I will definitely try the tip about putting the pork chops on the bottom next time, because they were slightly dry.
This recipe is great and so easy!! My whole gang loved it and there were no left-overs! Thanks for sharing!
This was excellent, in fact my wife texted me this morning and said that it was the best pork chop she had ever eaten! I did however do as advised and place the meat on the bottom and that kept it very moist. I also doubled the amount of sauce. YUM!!!
Absolutely delicious! The best pork chops ever! To save on cleanup I browned the pork chops first, removed, and made the gravy in the same pan. I had extra onion, so I placed a slice on top. and poured some gravy over everything. A very easy recipe with great results! Plan to make it again.
This recipe came out in Taste of Home magazine several years ago, and I have been making it for my husband and our four children since then. It is one of their very favorite meals! My oldest daughter has been known to request it as her birthday dinner or on weekends when she comes home to visit. This is easy to prepare and Yummmy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Rib Recipes >
- Scalloped Potato >