Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 6 pork rib or loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Additional salt and pepper, optional
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes and onion. Pour broth mixture over layers. Place pork chops on top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until meat and potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Scalloped Potatoes(17)
Sort By :
Am I ever glad I read the reviews and decided to make this dish. It is SO GOOD!! Put the chops on the bottom and doubled the sauce, even added a few carrots that we had leftover and my husband kept saying how yummy it was. Nice for a winter comfort food dish!
My family really enjoys this. I do put the pork chops on the bottom of the pan, piling the potatoes and sauce on top of the bone-in chops. They are always tender. I love the gravy/sauce so I double it. Thanks for the recipe.
A great all-in-one meal. I added some extra seasoning to give it some more zip, but it's a really nice, simple, and hearty meal that my family enjoyed. I will definitely try the tip about putting the pork chops on the bottom next time, because they were slightly dry.
This recipe is great and so easy!! My whole gang loved it and there were no left-overs! Thanks for sharing!
This was excellent, in fact my wife texted me this morning and said that it was the best pork chop she had ever eaten! I did however do as advised and place the meat on the bottom and that kept it very moist. I also doubled the amount of sauce. YUM!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Rib Recipes >
- Scalloped Potato >