Pork Chops with Sauteed Plums
I frequently rely on fast, flavorful recipes like this that look like I fussed in the kitchen all day. What an easy way to please my family...and to impress dinner guests!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fresh plums, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large
- skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil; set chops aside.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings; saute plums and onion for 4-6 minutes
- or until plums begin to brown. Stir in the water, thyme and
- remaining salt. Return pork chops to pan. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 13-16 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 305 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot