Pork Chops with Sauerkraut Recipe
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (8 ounces each )
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (32 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the sauerkraut and brown sugar. Top with the pork chops, green pepper and onion.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 361 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 1,536 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer