Pork Chops with Sauerkraut
In Omaha, Nebraska, Stephanie Miller pairs tender pork chops with tangy sauerkraut in this filling main dish. "It' so quick and easy to put together," she notes.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (8 ounces each )
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (32 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil for 3-4
- minutes on each side; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the
- sauerkraut and brown sugar. Top with the pork chops, green pepper
- and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is tender. Serve
- with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 361 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 1,536 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 12 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now