In Omaha, Nebraska, Stephanie Miller pairs tender pork chops with tangy sauerkraut in this filling main dish. "It' so quick and easy to put together," she notes.
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (8 ounces each )
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (32 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the sauerkraut and brown sugar. Top with the pork chops, green pepper and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Sauerkraut in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p50
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chops with Sauerkraut
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review