Pork Chops with Red Cabbage Recipe
- 5 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) shredded sweet-and-sour red cabbage, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash celery seed
- 1 small onion, peeled and halved
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. In a bowl, combine the cabbage, pineapple, parsley, dried onion, oregano, pepper and celery seed. Cut each onion half into eight wedges; place over pork chops. Top with cabbage mixture.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear and onions are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 336 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 0 fruit.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Red Cabbage
"I make sweet-sour cabbage often.It is great with pork. I will try this recipe.Thank you!"
"Tried this last night. We both liked it, even the pineapple which I wasn't quite sure of. Not having celery seed I used a stalk of chopped celery. Patricia Diane"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer