Pork Chops with Red Cabbage Recipe
- 5 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) shredded sweet-and-sour red cabbage, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash celery seed
- 1 small onion, peeled and halved
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. In a bowl, combine the cabbage, pineapple, parsley, dried onion, oregano, pepper and celery seed. Cut each onion half into eight wedges; place over pork chops. Top with cabbage mixture.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear and onions are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1 each pork chop with 1/2 cup cabbage mixture) equals 336 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer