Pork Chops With Red Cabbage
My mother was of German heritage, so we had pork and sauerkraut often, along with potatoes. The cranberry sauce in the recipe adds a great flavor surprise.
Franklin, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thinck)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- In a skillet, brown the chops in oil; remove and set aside. Add the
- water, vinegar and cabbage to the drippings; cover and cook over
- medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the applesauce, cranberry sauce and
- caraway seeds. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; top
- with pork chops. Cover and bake a 350° for 50-60 minutes or
- until pork is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 315 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer