Pork Chops With Red Cabbage Recipe
My mother was of German heritage, so we had pork and sauerkraut often, along with potatoes. The cranberry sauce in the recipe adds a great flavor surprise. Doris Heath Franklin, North Carolina
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thinck)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- In a skillet, brown the chops in oil; remove and set aside. Add the water, vinegar and cabbage to the drippings; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the applesauce, cranberry sauce and caraway seeds. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; top with pork chops. Cover and bake a 350° for 50-60 minutes or until pork is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops With Red Cabbage in Reminisce January/February 2005, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chops With Red Cabbage(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review