Pork Chops with Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 2 to 4 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 2 to 4 teaspoons dried basil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 bone-in pork loin chop (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles
- In a small bowl, combine 1-1/2 to 3 teaspoons oregano, 1-1/2 to 3 teaspoons basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper./ Sprinkle over both sides of chops. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork on both sides in oil over medium heat; remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet, saute onions and garlic until tender. Add the tomato sauce, water and the remaining oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Return pork to the skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with hot noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops With Pizza Sauce in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p31
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Pizza Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review