Pork Chops with Pears Recipe
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 small firm pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each and 1/3 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter. Add pears, sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Remove pears to a serving platter and keep warm. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In the same skillet, cook chops, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes on each side or until browned and juices run clear. Remove to the platter and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; add vinegar and rosemary. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops and pears. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Pears(4)
Sort By :
The pears were a huge hit. I didn't care for the pork. It may just be a mistake on my part, but the chops are really dry.
This is my husband's favorite meal! I make it once every week or every other week. I follow the recipe exactly and it is delicious. My kids love it too!
I actually gave this 4 stars. Not sure why it's only showing 2, but it won't let me change it. Sorry.
I used one apple and one pear. The sauce was way too tart, so I added about a tbs of sugar. Otherwise, it was pretty good.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >