Pork Chops with Pear Stuffing Recipe
- 8 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-3/4 cups corn-bread stuffing mix
- 1 fresh pear, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain and set aside. Add butter to skillet; saute celery and onion until tender. Remove from the heat Add stuffing mix, pear, pecans, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper; mix well. Add water; toss gently to moisten.
- 2. Spoon a fourth of the stuffing on one pork chop; top with another chop and secure with string. Repeat with remaining chops and stuffing. Stand chops vertically, but not touching, in a deep roasting pan. Add water to a depth of 1/4 in.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer to brown. Remove string. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 671 calories, 33g fat (11g saturated fat), 187mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 64g protein .
Reviews for Pork Chops with Pear Stuffing
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.