Pork Chops with Parmesan Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in butter over medium heat until meat juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- 2. Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 244 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Parmesan Sauce
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.