Moist and tender chops make a speedy and comforting weeknight meal that's just right for two. They’re dressed with a smooth, creamy sauce seasoned with Parmesan, onion and a hint of nutmeg, parsley and thyme. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: Our Best Bacon Recipes
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in butter over medium heat until meat juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Parmesan Sauce for Two in Healthy Cooking
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Parmesan Sauce for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2012
"Love this recipe...we make it on a regular basis and never get tired of it."