Pork Chops with Orange Rice
"My husband is delighted every time we have this pork and rice bake for dinner," says Karen Hossink of Lansing, Michigan. "I've also made it for new moms who need meals brought in, and I'm frequently asked to share the recipe."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops, (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Sprinkle
- rice into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Add juice; arrange
- chops over rice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour soup over
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 145° and rice is tender. Let meat stand for 5 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.