Pork Chops with Orange Rice
"My husband is delighted every time we have this pork and rice bake for dinner," says Karen Hossink of Lansing, Michigan. "I've also made it for new moms who need meals brought in, and I'm frequently asked to share the recipe."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops, (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil
- on both sides. Sprinkle rice into a greased 9-in.-square baking
- dish. Add juice; arrange chops over rice. Sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Pour soup over chops.
- Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°
- and rice is tender. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.